Starscapes, a platform for astronomy experiences and India’s first and only chain of observatories, will be launching a new mobile observatory in Pondicherry as a part of its expansion plan. Within the next two months, the company plans to further strengthen its footprint by launching observatories across Ooty, Munnar, Goa, Virajpet and Shimla.
Starscapes’ mobile observatory in Pondicherry will be set up at the Club Mahindra property and it will offer guests and visitors a holistic astronomy experience. A similar model is already functional at Club Mahindra’s Madikeri property and in the next one week another mobile observatory will be set up at Club Mahindra, Virajpet. Over the next few months, Starscapes plans to expand its presence by setting up several other mobile observatories across Club Mahindra properties.
The mobile observatory in Pondicherry will offer a holistic astronomical experience, with a variety of activities both during the day and at night, ranging from stargazing excursions to astrophotography and sun observation, and will be open to both visitors and guests staying at the resort. A trained astronomy expert will guide the visitors and guests on their stargazing journey.
Starscapes will also regularly host a number of engaging sessions related to stargazing. Some of the activities include
- Stargazing sessions: A guided session by Starscapes ‘Starguides’ who will tell you all about the universe.
- Sun Observation: Want to watch the sun without squinting in agony? Starscapes can arrange for safe viewing of the sun to discover some of the fascinating aspects you didn’t know about the sun.
- Star parties: Get your group along to experience the enigma of the cosmos with an up-close-and-personal viewing of the moon and other planetary objects. From stargazing safari to astrophotography, Starscapes’ Star parties will have it all.
- Selfie with the stars: We’re not talking about movie stars here; we’re talking about real stars. Imagine a backdrop of a star-studded night sky and a selfie with the stars? Starscapes can make it happen.
- Experience Centre: From virtual moon walks to quirky setups that make you like you are on another planet, visitors can enjoy a host of unique adventures at the Experience Centre.
Commenting on the launch, Paul Savio, CEO and Co-Founder, Starscapes, said, “There has been an increasing interest in Astro-tourism over the last few years. A lot of domestic travellers are discovering the joys of stargazing and the magic of the night sky. To make stargazing easily accessible, we are also partnering with leading resorts and hospitality chains across India. Our partnership with Club Mahindra is a step in that direction. Pondicherry is our third mobile observatory setup at a Club Mahindra property, and we hope to be present in all their major properties across India in the immediate future”
“We have seen an overwhelming interest for all our observatories and we hope to receive a similar response for our upcoming observatory in Pondicherry. From pristine beaches to beautiful architecture, vibrant French-style streets to great food, Pondicherry has a lot more to offer than what meets the eye. With its minimal light pollution and scenic settings, it’s also an ideal location for offbeat experiences such as stargazing. We are thrilled to setup our first mobile observatory in Pondicherry and we hope to add a whole new dimension to the list of things to do in Pondicherry” he added