ITA Airways launched the 2023-2024 winter season at the TTG Travel Experience International Tourism Fair in Rimini during a press conference presented by Andrea Benassi, General Manager ITA Airways, and Emiliana Limosani, Chief Commercial Officer ITA Airways and CEO Volare.
“This is my first time at TTG Travel Experience, and I’m honored to be here today at this annual event where tourism operators gather to build the upcoming seasons – said Andrea Benassi, ITA Airways General Manager – ITA Airways wants to be the reference national carrier for the mobility of Italians by ensuring quality connectivity at both domestic and international level, with a particular focus on the intercontinental segment. Since the start of our operations, our goal is to be an efficient, innovative carrier, representing Italy worldwide, – added General Manager – our passengers should immediately feel at home and experience Italy even before landing”.
Emiliana Limosani presented the major news for the 2023-2024 winter season, which will offer 52 destinations, including 17 domestic, 23 international, and 12 intercontinental. Two new intercontinental routes, Rio de Janeiro and Malè (Maldives), will be added to the flights already operated to New York, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, and New Delhi.
“We are very proud of the excellent commercial results achieved this year, which surpassed our forecasts. These were achieved thanks to the constant work carried out and the support of the trade segment, which were crucial elements for us since the start of our operations – said Emiliana Limosani, Chief Commercial Officer ITA Airways and CEO Volare. From January 2023 to date, we have carried 11 million passengers, 55 percent more versus the same period in 2022, with an average load factor of 80 percent, namely 7.5 percentage points higher versus the same time frame in 2022, with an increase in passenger revenue of +83 percent compared to the first 9 months of last year. We are now looking confidently to the future, with a focus on intercontinental development. Our next step will be the opening of the new Rome Fiumicino – Rio de Janeiro nonstop flight. South America, where we already operate to Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires, is a market in which we are a leader in terms of traffic to and from Italy thanks to one of the largest Italian communities in the world. From December we will return to fly to the Maldives, a highly coveted destination for leisure traffic. – added the CCO – There are important plans to expand the intercontinental network in the summer of 2024, with a focus on North America. In April we will open the nonstop flight to Chicago and in May we will fly to Canada with the new Toronto direct route. Both destinations will be operated from Rome Fiumicino. This will be achieved thanks to the continuous renewal of our fleet, which will also see the entry of the new Airbus A321neo and A220-100, both latest-generation aircraft”.
Below in detail is the ITA Airways’ new flight operation for the upcoming 2023-2024 winter and the 2024 summer seasons:
- From October 29, 2023, the new flight from Rome Fiumicino to Rio de Janeiro will be operated with Airbus A330. It will have a daily frequency with departure from Rome Fiumicino Airport at 9:50 p.m. and arrival at Rio de Janeiro International Airport at 6:05 a.m., local time. The flight from Rio deJaneiro will start operation on October 30, 2023, with a daily frequency: departure at 3:45 p.m. and landing at Rome Fiumicino at 6:45 a.m., local time.
- From December 16, 2023, the new direct flight from Rome Fiumicino to Malè (Maldives) will be operated with Airbus A330, with 3-5 weekly frequencies depending on the period.
- From April 7, 2024, a new direct flight from Rome Fiumicino to Chicago will be launched with 6 weekly frequencies that will become 7 in June. This new nonstop flight to Chicago will be available for sale starting today.
- From May 1, 2024, a new nonstop flight will be operated from Rome Fiumicino to Toronto, with 6 weekly frequencies that will become 7 from June.
The upcoming summer season offers the expansion of the international network with new direct flights from Rome Fiumicino:
- from May 2024 to Riyadh
- from June 2024 to Accra and Kuwait
- from July 2024 to Dakar
- from October 2024 toward Jeddah